Here is Ursula taking you through Revolving Cresent Lunge step-by-step…
- Step into cresent lunge. Take a big powerful step, all four corners of the front foot firmly grounded. Deep bend into the knee so it’s over the ankle, back heel lifted, directly over the toes. Back of the knee pushing towards the ceiling, arms extended and active.
- Inhale, lean the body forward and bring hands to prayer.
- Twist your body and hook your right elbow to the outside of the left knee, by any amount.
- Next, inhale, lengthen the spine. Suck the lower belly in and up. Exhale, twist deeper- aiming to bring hands to the centre of your sternum, gaze up.
- With every inhale find more length in the spine. With every exhale twist the torso a little deeper, feeling compression in the abdomen.