You can swap and change about ingredients and weights to suit your taste.
40ml coconut oil
250g dried fruit (dates, prunes, apricots)
240ml any fruit juice or smoothie
1 ripe banana
50g of milled linseed/flaxseed
1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Zest of an orange
1/8th teaspoon of sea salt
150g mixed nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, brazils, cashews – either as they are, or spread nuts out and bake at 180 for 10mins for extra toastiness and oil release)
100g mixed seeds (pine nuts, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, poppy)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (optional)
1. Soak dried fruit in juice overnight in a snug fitting bowl. This is optional but I prefer my fruit plump!
2. In a food processor blend nuts (not seeds) until the oils are released and you get a paste. If you prefer more texture, then just pulse the blender.
3. Then add soaked fruit with liquid and banana and blend again until a paste, rough or smoother as you like.
4. Gently heat coconut oil with honey (and peanut butter if using) until just warm in a large pot.
5. Mix with all the ingredients including the fruit/nut paste.
6. Press down into a tin 20cm x 20cm or thereabouts, depending on whether you want a thick or thin slice.
7. Place in the oven for 25 minutes at 160 degrees celcius (fan assisted).
8. Cool completely before slicing or they will not slice as well.