- 1 cup walnuts (or your favourite nuts)
- 3 cups water
- Handful dry sour cherries
- Handful goji berries
- 1 TBSP acai powder (optional)
- 1 Medjool date
- Chia seeds – for every 1.5 cups milk obtained, add 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 spent vanilla bean pod (even if it doesn’t have seeds anymore, it will impart a wonderful vanilla flavour to the pudding) or a pinch of vanilla seeds
- To serve: your favourite yoghurt and blueberries, lots of them
1) Add the walnuts and water to a blender and blitz for 1 minute until you have a frothy, milky mixture.
2) Strain the milk and return it to the blender. Place the leftover nut pulp in a freezer safe small container and store it in the freezer. You can use it to make light and moist raw macaroons.
3) Add the sour cherries, goji berries, acai and Medjool date to the milk and blitz for few seconds.
4) Pour your spiced walnut milk into a large jar and add the chia seeds. Place the lid and give it a good shake to make sure those tiny chia seeds are evenly spread out.
5) Add the vanilla bean to the jar as well, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
6) If using frozen blueberries, add some to a bowl, cover and leave in the fridge overnight to have them ready next day.
7) Serve with your favourite yogurt and lots of blueberries.